Ask Not What The World Can Do For You, But What You Can Do For The World

A look into the past and the present.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My spring break consisted of two weeks in Europe with my senior class where I was able to see beautiful historical sites within Florence,Rome,Delphi, Serento and Athens. Spring break was a trip of a lifetime, and I was able to truly see different aspects of the world, cultures, and religion. The trip was extremely eventful, yet tiring for reasons that there was so much to see and were on the go constantly.


Our main source of transportation was a bus that took us all over Italy and Greece. While in the bus we were still able to view the beautiful sites while our tour guide Judy informed us of the interesting facts about the surrounding ancient buildings. The facts I learned about the Roman Empire and Greek mythology were very interesting, and I was extremely impressed with the architecture by which the people were able to utilize and learn within their time. Seeing the Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain in Rome was amazing. The beauty of the art and the imagination that the artists of that time had is unique and original especially with the fact that all the buildings are still in place.

Viewing the ruins of Pompeii were specifically interesting for the tracks that the chariots would make in the stone ground and the frescoes that were still visible through all the years and ash that had once covered the city. The architecture between both Italy and Greece were interesting, but in my opinion Greece was not as impressive as Italy. I loved the atmosphere of Italy with its beautiful cobblestone streets and though it rained everday during our trip I still consider it a wonderful experience, and I would go back in a heartbeat. The fact that Italian men are quite pleasing to the eye does not interfere with the fact that I would go back. The Europe trip was extremely eventful and I learned a tremendous amount of information that I most likely would not have been able to learn anywhere else.

It is a very interesting thing to think of how different the country of America is. We are very diverse, our food is based upon all other countries, and we hold complete different values that relate to the body, and human behavior. It was strange when it is considered a compliment of men watching your every move because they find you different, and it is also very, let me say, surprising to turn and see out in the open pictures of the human anatomy. The culture is simply comfortable with sexuality and the freedom of life. There seems to be no room for judgment. I loved the fact that the people were very sociable within Italy, whether they be greeting you with a kiss on the cheek or they hold your hand and leave you saying "have a blessed day, or Happy Easter". The countries of Italy and Greece are definitly strong within their religions and they take the matter of family, friends, and their country very seriously.

My spring break was amazing and I love the fact that I was able to share this experience with my senior class, and even more excited that Miss Evans was able to share the experience with us. She was very thoughtful and patient with us and always making jokes through the long bus trips, and times standing in the rain. My spring break was a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home